Last Updated on
Squatting with a barbell is a basic exercise that includes, along with a bench press and becoming a pull in the three “whales”, on which the construction of a beautiful body is based. Sitting down with a barbell will help pump up the buttocks, get a perfect hip line, strong slender legs. Using different variants of this exercise, you can redistribute the load on different muscle groups according to your goals. Learn all the subtleties of squatting techniques co barbell, it will help to avoid injuries and achieve maximum effect from training.
Due to the heavy weight of the barbell, the technique must be perfect, and any deviation from it can lead to injury. Therefore, it is better to start this exercise with a light weight and under the supervision of an instructor, who will point out the errors and help to put the correct technique.
Which muscles are involved
About 250 muscles from over 600 skeletal muscles in the human body are used in squats. The main load falls on:
- buttock muscles;
- back muscles.
Stabilisation and fixation is performed:
- the muscles of the back part of the thighs (half-timbered, semi-dry, thigh biceps);
- pelvic twin muscles;
- tibia muscles – flounder, calf, tibialis anterior, long and short peroneal muscles, finger extensors;
- lumbar muscles;
- abdominal abs;
The ankles, knee, and hip joints are involved in the movement, which makes squatting with a barbell one of the most effective exercises for pumping the whole body.
Technique of execution (classic version)
The efficiency and safety of this exercise will directly depend on the correctness of the squats and the barbell. The slightest deviation from the technique leads to an incorrect distribution of load on muscle groups. This leads to the absence of the expected effect of training and, worse still, may cause injuries to the spine, joints and ligaments.
Take a look at how to proceed with the barbell on the print:
- Before starting the exercise, the bar must be kept steady at the bottom of the lower part of the sleeve.
- Let’s go by putting the legs on the wide shoulder under the graph, symmetrically to its center. Hocks should be slightly diluted in both directions. It is not possible to go to the line of the bar or not to reach it, the legs must be exactly the barbell.
- Let’s wrap the neck straight ahead, putting the pyrams a little wider than the shoulders. Brushes and forearms form a straight line, elbows pointing down.
- “Losing” under the barbell. We straighten the back with the trowels. The bar should be located on the lower part of the keystone, put it on your neck or the trowel cannot be used. The head must be located on a single line with a spine.
- The bar must be removed at the expense of the leg, the back and the press must be tensioned, must be kept the correct bend on the back.
- Having removed the barbell on the shoulders, take the step in the back, opening the position of the foot (on the width of the leg, lightly opened socks).
- Thank you, we begin to take it right. Movement must be carried out at the back of the back. The back from the head to the coccup remains straight, it is impossible to support it inside. The muscles of the body are tense, but on the heels. The shoulders and hips are synchronized. The knees must be driven in the direction set by the toes and cannot be pulled or spun too much. At the bottom, they must not be stepped out of bounds.
- The back is steady, not circumcised for the entire exercise. Having reached the lower point, we make an exodus and, pushing back with our heels, squeeze the buttocks and rise to the vertical position. Legs should not be straightened to the end, they should remain slightly bent in the knees.
- At the end of the approach, we make a step forward so that the bar touches both of the racks, and the steps appear to be left behind it. Then, by putting the bar in place. It is not possible to return the barbell to the place, putting the bar on the rack is preferable, this may result in injury.
For a person with a low level of fitness, a squatting technique with a barbell may be too difficult. To master it, you need a strong muscular corset and a good stretch of ligaments of the shoulder, hip and Achilles tendons. Therefore, before you start strength training, strengthen your abs and cortical muscles, do stretching, and only when your muscles become strong and ligaments – elastic, begin to master squats.
First, open the box with the fifth stamp, preferably, under the manual, and then gradually increase the weight of the bars. REMEMBER THAT THE REASONABLE ACCIDENTS MAY BECOME NOT ONLY THE EXTENSION OF THE EXECUTION TECHNIQUES, BUT AND FOR A LARGE LARGE TIME. It is also not superfluous to remember that before each coercive training necessary cyclic warm-up.
Additional recommendations for implementation
When performing exercises with a barbell, read the following nuances:
- If there is flatness, then it is necessary to include in the shoes an individual opto-technical insoles with a hard cypinometer. A flush stop is not capable of being immobilized, therefore, with a larger intake of bicycles, it may result in damage to the load.
- Circumcision of the back, if observed, may result in spinal cord injury. Take away the actual back bend and do not relax the lumbar at all stages of exercise, but do not leave the bar steady.
- Also, at all times, do not weaken the press, this is a body product that is stable and prevents downloads.
- Heels must be left on the floor in any phase of the offense, cannot be torn off from the floor.
- The knees must not be extended further than the toe, only for high spacers (above 180 cm), a slight increase in height is small, but only slightly.
- Previously, it was believed that it was wrong to lower the horizontal position of the hips, however, this confirmation has been confirmed. The depth of the appliance must be determined by individual capabilities – how much you can do this without curling the spine and not tearing off the heel from the floor. If you are able to observe the texniki, it is possible to do this before matching your thighs and your legs.
- It’s not possible to bring knees down, they must be knocked down, otherwise you can get a tie for the knee ring.
- He pekomendyetcya blizkaya poctanovka ctypney, IT’S ppivodit to bolshey zagpyzhennocti kvadpitsepcov and odnovpemenno cozdaet bokovyyu nagpyzky nA tazobedpennye cyctavy and golenoctopy chto DURING THEIR nedoctatke podvizhnocti mozhet ppivecti to tpavme. Safely wide leg setting.
- It is not possible to correctly position the bar on top of the bar when it is too short. To create a convenient “pillow” from the dishes, it is necessary that the distance between the biscuits was wider than the shoulders.
For additional support for the spine when using large weights, wear a special athletic belt before approaches.
Recognition of activities with a barbell
In addition to the classic squats with a barbell on the shoulders, there are many options for this exercise.
Front squats with a barbell
The variant where an athlete holds the shell on his chest instead of his shoulders. This exercise is used in weightlifting and is considered to be less traumatic than the classic seat with the barbell on the shoulders.
Barbell Sumo Squat
Sumo – from the classic squatting is different setting the feet, they are widely diluted and turned outward. This option is often used in training powerlifters. It shifts the load on the inner thighs and buttocks, unloading the quadriceps. Often used in women’s bodybuilding, because the representatives of the fair sex too shaky quadriceps to anything, in contrast to the convex buttocks and tightened inner thighs.
A rarely used variant is the squatting, named after the Canadian athlete Zercher, who proposed this exercise back in the 30s of last century. It differs from the classics in that the bar is held in front of the body on the elbow bends. This variant gives the maximum load on quadriceps, it is good for beginners, because in this position of weight it is involuntarily necessary to hold the back straight, which is one of the basic requirements of squatting technique.
Almost completely forgotten option – squatting with a barbell in lowered hands at the back of the body. This exercise puts a good load on triceps and gives a minimum load on the spine, but now it is practically not performed, it was replaced by seats in the gakk-trainer.
One of the exercises used in crossfit and weightlifting. When it is executed, apparently muscular groups, which are dependent on the same type of load, are also heavier, but the muscles are slightly stiff This option can be recommended only to people with a high level of physical training and without a problem with cyclic supplies and a dialer.
The maximum load on the muscles without increasing the weight of the bar can be obtained by completing the procedure on one leg. The bar while carrying out this procedure is kept on the shoulder, as in a classic version, one of the legs is bent in a knee and is placed on a copy, which is standing. Such acces- sions, in comparison with the classical ones, load the muscles two times stronger, which will allow to reduce the whole time and lower the total load on the spine.
When doing exercises with a barbell on the dialer and the bicycle, there is a large load on it, so they have to be slightly replaced. It must be kept away from harassment with the following:
- injuries to the musculoskeletal system;
- osteoarthritis, arthritis of the knees, ankles, hip and shoulder joints, spine;
- other joint diseases of the same localization;
- intervertebral hernia and other diseases of the spine;
- gastrointestinal diseases – due to increased intra-abdominal pressure;
- hypertension, cardiovascular diseases;
People who are overweight, as well as those who have chronic illnesses, should first exercise when they are out of heat.