Last Updated on
Plyometrics is a style of training that allows developing strength and speed qualities of an athlete to the maximum. Plyometric push-ups from the floor are performed with explosive force and the highest amplitude. Plyometric push-ups are distinguished from simple push-ups by the fact that from the lower position the lifter makes a sharp upward leap and in a kind of jump takes his hands off the floor. The pliometric push-ups differ from the simple push-ups in that the lifter jumps sharply upwards and pulls his hands off the floor in a peculiar way: a clap in the palms of each other’s hands, in the palms of his thighs or behind his back.
The use of plyometric push-ups
It’s something any athlete can learn. It’s just a matter of keeping an eye on the technique. Push-ups will help to increase performance in other basic exercises and will generally strengthen the ligament system.
With regular execution, the following indicators improve:
- coordination and balance;
- shoulder muscle explosive power;
- press speed;
- neuromuscular connections between brain and torso muscles.
Since plyometrics requires serious effort, contraindications also exist. It is recommended for diseases and joint injuries, inflammation in the deltoid muscles, tendon problems. Push-ups in this case can be done by pressing dumbbells on a sloping bench. Leverage simulators are also suitable.
Rules of Implementation
Initial position – a rest stop lying down, a straight back, hands are placed a little wider than shoulders quadriceps bodybuilding , look in front of him.
- do a few regular floor push-ups in a short amplitude, without completely unbending your elbows;
- to make a sharp upward leap from the lower position by means of an impulse jump;
- on a powerful exhalation, quickly and sharply pull your palms off the floor;
- at the moment of “hanging” make a clap in front of you, while statically tensing the muscles of the press and buttocks;
- land on the palms of your hands with your elbows slightly bent, straight down to the lower position;
- do 10-12 such repetitions.
Plyometric push-ups varieties
If you have not previously encountered with plyometrics, you should start with the simplest option – push-ups with a short hand break from the floor. Having mastered it, try to fly up as high as you can. If it turns out to do 20 repetitions, proceed to the next stages:
- Push-ups with cotton in front of you are the traditional option described above;
- with your hands touching the shoulders – in cross motion, palms touching the right and left shoulder takes more effort than a simple pliometric pushup;
- with cotton on the hips – requires maximum control;
- Cotton palms behind your back – high complexity, try the first few times on a soft mat;
- c turn – for the most prepared, a 360° turn is almost an acrobatic trick.
Performing even a couple of varieties of push-ups, the athlete deserves the title of “Superman.” This is an ideal exercise for developing strength, speed and stamina.